Sunday, June 19, 2005

Good News

Last week my friend and I were interviewed by the American National Radio about Lebanese bloggers. It appears that there are rare bloggres in the Middle East, the National Radio made some interviews with some of them in Cairo. The journalist was impressed with our liberty of expression in Lebanon. And he asked a lot of questions about what are the subjects that we write about, and why most Lebanese bloggers write in English. After the interview we chatted about politics in Lebanon and recent elections. He was confused about our sectarian political system, and asked number of question about the civil war. Finally it was a good experience and it pushed me to give more interest to my blog.

8 Comments:

Blogger BOB said...

hi

nice post ya souz.

Bob

5:06 PM  
Blogger Maldoror said...

Well,
It kinds of strengthens my point! Nice job Miss! Your blog is nice, hope you drop by sometimes, or maybe LINK me :) Hahahahahha!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Maldoror said...

hahahahahaha!
You visit my blog!
BUt I never see a comment! :(

12:29 AM  
Blogger Maldoror said...

Yes, 3 comments!
I think that Lebanese people express themselves in English because this is the international language nowadays and they want themselves to be read by the vastest majority!

12:37 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

I find that the media in Lebanon doesn't pay close attention to the blogging phenomenon, unlike other close-by countries, where you can find blog posts even in local newspapers. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that most of the Lebanese bloggers post in English. Anyway, I would like to hear more about the result of the survey, which that radio is conducting. I hope you would tell us about it when the radio broadcasts it or releases some e-report about it. thx.

2:43 PM  
Blogger SH said...

Well Eve you are right the media should pay more attention to bloggers, specially that most young lebanese don't know what a blog is. The interview will be roadcasted online and the journalist told me that he will call me when it will be braodcasted. So I will put the link on my blog.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Eve said...

Hey SH,
we're preparing for a Lebanese Blogger meeting. We'd like you to be there, if u can make it :-)

9:58 AM  
Blogger Maha said...

well this is very interesting for me, im conducting a survey on blogs in M.E for my MA and will be posting it out this week to all of you. It will deal with all these issues. If anyone has any idea on how i can get a hold of details of that radio show, let me know, could be most useful. In fact, I'm doing an audit at the moment of Lebanese blogs and this is number 91 and i'm so tired. Maldoror, i just checked out your blog too. Mira passed it on to me...

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home