Thursday, May 26, 2005

In the Corridors of a Hospital

It’s really funny how one can see true love and affection in the most unexpected places and times. The truest expression of love is not when two persons hold hands or when they dance in their wedding, but in the corridors of hospitals.
Last week, my father went to the hospital to undertake an open heart surgery. So I spent 3 days in his hospital room.
And there I noticed that true love still exists, and that I knew nothing about it. Maybe people show their love and affection in hospitals, because it’s a place that reminds them of how vulnerable they are, how much they need each others and how close death and loss can be.
But what ever the reasons, what I experienced was very important to me. I saw how much my parents love each other and what a beautiful thing that love was, despite the circumstances. I saw care and love in the eyes of other parents, sisters, brothers and friends. And that was good because in ordinary times I see mostly grieve, jalousie, hate and boredom in people’s eyes. So it was a great experience after all, and I hope that everyone could feel and see true love one day because I think that love is the essence of life.

4 Comments:

Blogger liminal said...

Keefak habibi,

It's liminal and I want to know if you would like to join us on the listserv for Lebanese Blogger Forum.

Ya3ni we'd love to have you. But there is no email here.

Byebye,
Lim.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Ramzi said...

I hope your dad is doing better.
And I'm glad you could find something to affirm your faith that love and kindness still exist.
Having spent years walking in those same hospital corridors you talk about, I can tell you that hospitals only taught me not to trust life.
I never looked at it that way before...

1:41 AM  
Blogger lifeflaw said...

Yeah... it is ironic that "smelling" death in hospitals tends to sharpen our human side!!

Nevertheless, I think it is good as long as it is not too late!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Terry Finley said...

Good and bad things can happen in a hospital. I am a hospital chaplain. Thanks for the blog.

The best to you.

Terry Finley
commentary.fin@gmail.com
http://workwithfinley.blogspot.com/

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home